會員
News Express(English Edition)

UN human rights chief raises alarm after drone strikes kill civilians in Sudan

The United Nations human rights chief expressed alarm on Wednesday following reports of more than 50 civilians being killed in drone strikes in Sudan in

two days in the last week.



At least 57 civilians were killed between Sunday and Monday, including at least 15 children, in separate drone attacks in four states across Sudan, according to the U.N.



U.N. human rights chief Volker Turk said the killings were a reminder of the devastating consequences of drone warfare in Sudan, with civilians and ​civilian infrastructure targeted.



Some 28 civilians were killed on Sunday in an alleged Sudanese Armed Forces drone strike on Al Safiya market in Sudari locality, North Kordofan, the U.N. said.



The next day 26 civilians were killed in West Kordofan in an alleged SAF drone strike at a displacement shelter in Al Sunut. Also on Monday the paramilitary group the Rapid Support Forces conducted drone strikes on two primary schools in Dilling in South Kordofan, the U.N. reported.



The RSF and SAF did not immediately respond to Reuters' requests for comment.