會員
News Express(English Edition)

Epstein estate agrees to $35 million settlement in victim

Jeffrey Epstein’s estate has agreed to pay as much as $35 million to resolve a class action lawsuit that accused two of the disgraced financier's advisers ​of aiding and abetting his sex trafficking of young women and teenage girls, according ⁠to a court filing on Thursday.



Boies Schiller Flexner, a law firm representing ​Epstein victims, announced the settlement ‌in a brief filed in federal court in Manhattan.



The deal, if approved by a judge, would bring ​an end to a 2024 lawsuit filed against Epstein's former personal lawyer Darren Indyke and former accountant Richard Kahn, who are co-executors of Epstein's estate.



Epstein's ‌estate ‌previously set up a ​restitution fund that paid out $121 million to victims.



The estate also paid out $49 million in additional settlements to victims.



Neither Indyke nor Kahn "made any admission or concession of misconduct" as ​part of the settlement made public on Thursday, their lawyer Daniel H. Weiner said in an emailed statement.



"Because they did nothing wrong, the ​co-executors were prepared to fight the claims against them through to trial, but agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit in order to achieve finality as to any potential claims against the Epstein Estate," Weiner said.



Weiner said the ‌settlement would provide "a confidential avenue for financial relief" for Epstein victims who have not already resolved claims against the estate.