會員
News Express(English Edition)

Attacks on aid workers hit record high in 2025, UN says

A record number of humanitarian workers were attacked last year, driven partly by increased use of armed drones, the United Nations said on Wednesday, calling the trend "appalling".



Some 907 aid workers were killed, injured or kidnapped in 2025 versus 833 the year before, according to the Aid Worker Security Database, a platform funded by Canada and Australia that compiles major security incidents affecting aid workers.



Of those, 350 were killed, down slightly from a record 387 in 2024.



United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said the level of violence was appalling and urged states to respect the rules of war and hold perpetrators accountable.



"Serving others has become more dangerous than ever," he said, ahead of U.N. ceremonies planned for World Humanitarian Day with flags at half-staff in New York and Geneva in honour of those killed.