5月28日 (星期二)27°C 91
日期:
      下一篇 》

Taiwan submarine project chief quits, ministry says plans to proceed

17/4/2024 12:13
        Taiwan's homegrown submarine programme will remain on track, the defence minister said on Wednesday, after the head of the programme resigned due to what he said were unfair attacks against him and the military.
        
        Taiwan, which China views as its own territory, has made the submarine programme a key part of an ambitious project to modernise its armed forces as Beijing stages almost daily military exercises to assert sovereignty claims Taipei rejects.
        
        Taiwan unveiled the first of eight new submarines in late September, though it won't enter service until next year. The programme has drawn on expertise and technology from several countries - a breakthrough for diplomatically isolated Taiwan.
        
        In a statement late on Tuesday, Huang Shu-kuang said he had resigned as head of the submarine project as he and the programme had been subjected to unfair attacks from people he did not name.
        
        Huang said that the submarine task force, which includes the navy and shipbuilder CSBC Corp, will continue to operate despite his departure.
        



|



回主頁 關於我們使用條款及細則版權及免責聲明私隱政策 聯絡我們

Copyright 2024© Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited. All rights reserved.