8月30日 (星期六)29°C 79
  news
 
日期:

Search for Australian gunman enters fifth day as weather closes in

30/8/2025 13:05
Australian police battled severe alpine weather on Saturday on the fifth day of a search for a gunman who escaped into dense bush after allegedly shooting dead two officers and injuring another at a rural property in Victoria state.



Hundreds of officers were in the field searching for 56-year-old Dezi Freeman, previously known as Desmond Filby, who is believed to have expert bushcraft skills and multiple powerful firearms, a police spokesperson said.



The search area includes the town of Porepunkah, about 300 km northeast of Melbourne, where Freeman is alleged to have fired on police on Tuesday, before fleeing on foot into the bush.



Bureau of Meteorologist senior forecaster Jonathan How said a severe weather warning was current for the region, which was experiencing challenging conditions of cold, wind and snow.



Victorian Premier Jacinta Allan visited nearby Wangaratta police station on Friday to pay tribute to the two slain officers, Detective Leading Senior Constable Neal Thompson, 59, and Senior Constable Vadim De Waart, 35, amid what she said was the "huge operation" by authorities to catch Freeman.



"Their loss won't be forgotten. With honour they served," Allan said of the officers on social media platform X.



|

回主頁關於我們 使用條款及細則版權及免責聲明私隱政策聯絡我們

新城廣播有限公司版權所有,不得轉載。
Copyright © Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited. All rights reserved.