8月30日 (星期六)29°C 81
  news
 
日期:

UK blocks Israeli officials from its biggest defence show

29/8/2025 16:03
Britain has barred Israeli officials from its biggest defence trade show over its escalation of the war against Hamas in Gaza, its latest effort to pressure a historically close ally over the conflict.



Prime Minister Keir Starmer's government said in July it would recognise a Palestinian state unless Israel took steps to relieve suffering in the enclave and met other conditions, enraging the Israeli government.



Israel's Ministry of Defence said that as a result of the trade fair ban it would not run its national pavilion as it has done previously at London's Defence & Security Equipment International (DSEI) event.



Israeli defence companies, such as Elbit Systems, Rafael, IAI and Uvision, will still be able to attend.



Britain's move had echoes of a dispute at the Paris Air Show three months ago, when France blocked off with black partitions the stands of Israeli defence companies after they refused to remove attack weapons from display, sparking a furious response from Israel.



A British government spokesperson said on Friday that the Israeli government's decision to further escalate its military operation in Gaza was wrong.



|

回主頁關於我們 使用條款及細則版權及免責聲明私隱政策聯絡我們

新城廣播有限公司版權所有,不得轉載。
Copyright © Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited. All rights reserved.