India says it thwarted attacks by Pakistan
Indian security agencies arrested more than 200 "terror operatives" linked to Pakistan, thwarting potential "subversive attacks" around the country's Independence Day last week, Home Minister Amit Shah said on Monday, in one of the largest such crackdowns in years.
A multi-state operation against what Shah said was a terror group backed by Pakistan's spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) was carried out across 14 Indian states on August 12, three days before India celebrated its 80th year of freedom from British colonial rule.
Pakistan's foreign affairs ministry said it "strongly" rejects the allegations made by Shah, and called them "propaganda".
Pakistan also has in the past denied allegations that it backs militant groups blamed for attacks in India.
"Modi government destroyed the ISI-backed terror group Shahzad Bhatti Network ahead of Independence Day and thwarted its plans for subversive attacks by arresting more than 200 operatives," Shah said in a post on X.
|